Life at Amerigo Maryland is structured around allowing students to explore academic, athletic or artistic talents through a variety of academic courses and extracurricular activities. Students can experience over 20 extracurricular clubs, engage in community service work, develop artistic skills, and participate on 16 athletics teams.
The School Day
Amerigo Maryland students will experience robust, enriching and intellectually fulfilling days. Weekdays will be filled with academics, extra-curricular activities and English language learning support while the weekends will be filled with fun and interesting activities, opportunities for recreation, and rest and relaxation.
Maryland Residential Campus
At Amerigo Maryland, you'll experience a co-ed residential environment with students from around the world and take advantage of countless opportunities for immersion in American culture. Anchored in a safe, secure residential neighborhood located just minutes from the Mercy High School campus, students live at the Amerigo Maryland Residential Campus and have access to all of the amenities of home with 24/7 on-site support from Residential life personnel.
- Single-gender, double occupancy rooms
- Academic suite for structured independent and small group study
- Education technology suite to support academic coursework
- Recreational suite for relaxation and socialization
- Full-time supervision by trained dorm parents
- Security policies and procedures in place for optimal safety
Vibrant life after school
- Opportunity to participate in school-sponsored athletics, activities, clubs, organizations, and community service projects
- Supervised weekend outings to local attractions including cultural, arts and sporting events
- Supervised Thanksgiving and Spring break trips
The Amerigo Maryland team provides regular communications to the student’s network including their Agents, parents and/or guardians. The communications provide regular updates about the student’s academic and social progress along with a monthly calendar of dorm and school activities. The Director of Campus Operations will also communicate with parents and Agents on an as needed basis to discuss student successes as well as health, discipline or behavioral issues.