Located in the heart of the technology corridor of the East Coast, Maryland is a major aerospace and technology hub and is home to top scientific research and medical facilities like Johns Hopkins Hospital. Amerigo Maryland students live in a coed residential environment while attending single-gender preparatory schools just a short drive away. Rigorous academics, specialized programming, competitive athletics, quality fine arts and abundant extracurricular activities are hallmarks of the Amerigo Maryland high school experience.
Living in Maryland
American history, culture, innovation and industry converge to make Maryland a jewel of the East Coast. Easy public transportation and connected highways provide quick access to the surrounding cities including Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City. Just outside the metropolitan areas, natural wonders abound including the Appalachian Mountains offering year round recreation as well as the Atlantic Ocean offering excellent beaches and vibrant harbor towns.
- Smithsonian Museums
- National Zoo
- Chesapeake Bay
- Historic Sites, Memorials and Locations
- National Aquarium
- National Symphony Orchestra
- Pimlico Race Track - home to the Preakness Stakes
- 60 minutes to Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
- 2.5 hours to New York City
- Baltimore Orioles (baseball)
- Baltimore Ravens (football)
- Chesapeake Bayhawks (lacrosse)
- D.C. United (soccer)
- Philadelphia 76ers (basketball)
- Philadelphia Eagles (football)
- Philadelphia Flyers (hockey)
- Washington Capitals (hockey)
- Washington Nationals (baseball)
- Washington Redskins (football)
- Washington Wizards (basketball)