Amerigo's campuses bring together students from around the world into a safe, enriched community that takes advantage of countless opportunities for immersion in American culture.
Prepare and Submit
Be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Certified English Translation of Transcripts
- Official Transcript in Original Language Certified
- English Proficiency Testing
- Copy of Passport
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Teachers
Complete the application online.
- Log on to amerigoeducation.com
- Click “Apply”
- Complete the application.
- Send the application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Amerigo team will review the application and request any additional information needed.
- We will schedule a Skype interview to meet the applicant and learn more about his/her interest in the Amerigo program.
- Amerigo will review the application and the interview and confirm that the applicant meets all program criteria.
Confirm Your Place
- Accepted students will receive an enrollment packet with supplemental documents to be completed by the student.
- To reserve the student’s place in the Amerigo program, the tuition deposit of $5,000 USD must be received by the deadline indicated.
- Upon processing of the enrollment documents and the tuition deposit, students will be issued their Form I-20 - see instructions below for obtaining the student visa.
Getting Your Visa
- Once the visa application has been approved, the remaining balance of tuition and fees will be due at a date indicated by Amerigo prior to student’s arrival.
If the visa application is not approved, the student will receive a refund of the deposit (less $500 for administrative fees) upon sending the original I-20 form and a copy of the denial letter to the issuing institution.
- To study in the United States, the student will need to apply for an F-1 visa with the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Students will then complete an interview to demonstrate their ties to their home country, ability to pay for their education, and seriousness as a student.
To be eligible for Amerigo’s Chicago, Lexington, and Maryland programs, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
|Academic Ability||2.5 GPA or higher|
|Language Ability||TOEFL iBT | 59 or higher|
|IELTS | 5.0 or higher|
|Other | Contact Admissions for more information|
|Teacher Letters of Recommendation||1 English, 1 Math|
|Interview||Skype - language/character assessment|